10.00 – 11.15 1st Session: Comparative Law: methodologies and development
Chair: Prof. Salvatore Mancuso, Professor of Comparative Law, University of Macau; President of the Macau Association of Comparative Law
- Prof. Mauro Bussani, Professor of Comparative Law, University of Trieste, Italy: Comparative Law Beyond the Trap of Western Positivism
- Prof. Rostam J. Neuwirth, Associate Professor of Law, University of Macau: Law and the Mind: A New Role for Comparative Law?
- Prof. Salvatore Casabona, Associate Professor of Comparative Law, University of Palermo, Italy: “Shaken but not Stirred” Legal Systems: Some Rhapsodic Considerations on the Category of “Mixed Legal Systems”
- Prof. Muruga Perumal Ramaswamy, Associate Professor of International Law, University of Macau: Comparative International Law: Emerging Trends and Methods
- Prof. Wei Dan, Associate Professor of Law, University of Macau: Analytical Comparison as a Challenge for International and Comparative Competition Law
- Prof. Zhang Lihong, Professor of Comparative Law and Roman Law, East China University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai, China: The Development of Comparative Law in China
- Prof. Chao Wang, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Macau: Conservative Political Nature and Subservient Judiciary: An Illiberal Model of Rule of Law in Postwar Japan
15.45 – 16.00 Coffee break
- Prof. Augusto Teixeira Garcia, Associate Professor of Commercial Law and Associate Dean, University of Macau: The Commercial Code and Comparative Law: a Happy Marriage?